Program Management & Effectiveness
Effective Nonprofits have programs that are well run and managed. There is a shared understanding and agreement within the organization about how the programs and activities will achieve the organization’s vision, mission and goals. Effectiveness is evaluated for impact against the organization’s vision for change and indicators of success. Evaluation data is analyzed and incorporated in ongoing program development and improvement.
Professional Development and Learning:
Resource Topics On This Page:
1. Program Planning & Development
- NAO Planning During Change Toolkit - NAO
- 3 Steps to Plan Programs for Maximum Impact - GrantSpace
- Basic Guide to Nonprofit Program Design and Marketing - Management Help
- Effective Program Development for Startups - Foundation Center
- Overview of Non-Profit Program Planning - Kent University
- Program Design Logic Models - Compassion Capital Fund
2. Program Evaluation
- Basic Guide to Program Evaluation - Management Help
- Big Data for Nonprofits - NonprofitReady (Video)*
- Evalutation and Measurement of Outcomes - National Council of Nonprofits
- Program Evaluation Guide - The Bridgespan Group
To view an A-Z list of all P&P resources, go to: NAO Resources Index
Check out NAO's Directory of vetted consultants and service providers offering expertise in this specific resource category.
To utilize resources that have (*), create a complimentary account offered through NonprofitReady.org.