Effective Nonprofits have clear visions, missions, values and goals that are informed by and communicated to the community and constituents. Clarity in these areas provides a framework for organizational strategy; focuses how work is carried out and resources are deployed and how the organization will change over time. Collaboration is integral in achieving an organization’s mission.
Professional Development and Learning:
Resource Topics On This Page:
1. Mission & Vision
- Defining Mission and Vision - Foundation Center
- Mission Vision Values Statements - New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits
- Nonprofit Corporate Purpose Statements - Wagenmaker Law
- Nonprofit Mission Statements vs. Vision Statements - NonprofitReady (Video)*
- What Makes An Effective Nonprofit - Fidelity Charitable
2. Business Planning
- Best Practices - Fact or Myth? - NAO & Public Interest Management Group
- Business Planning for Nonprofits - National Council of Nonprofits
- Business Planning for Nonprofits: What It Is and Why It Matters - The Bridgespan Group
- Nonprofit Disaster Plan - Your Blueprint for Survival - NAO & Columbia Bank
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing a Nonprofit Business Plan - Donorbox
- Create a Strategic Plan for Your Nonprofit - Nolo
- Strategic Planning for Nonprofits - National Council of Nonprofits
- The Ultimate Guide to Nonprofit Strategic Planning - Bloomerang
- Taproot Foundation Strategic Plan 2015-2017 - Taproot
To view an A-Z list of all P&P resources, go to: NAO Resources Index
Check out NAO's Directory of vetted consultants and service providers offering expertise in this specific resource category.
To utilize resources that have (*), create a complimentary account offered through NonprofitReady.org.