Rural Organizations Leading Change
for nonprofits in Tillamook & Clatsop Counties
Join us for this peer-based learning opportunity! This cohort is designed to support rural nonprofits in building your capacity to lead change and adapt to change - enabling your organization to stay relevant and fulfill your mission over the long haul. The cohort will convene leadership teams from 9-12 organizations over six months for a rich learning partnership where you will build your capacity and apply new tools within your organization and community - all with the support of peers.
We were able to craft a mission statement and begin work on a values statement that unifies staff and volunteers across our organization."
"I have been accustomed to being the one in charge and it has been powerful and fulfilling to be vulnerable in a group of people – that’s been amazing."
"Thank you for the wonderful opportunity to connect more deeply with such a great variety of local organizations!"
-2015/16 ROLC Participants
Participants Will Build Skills and Capabilities to:
- See systematic change
- Build broad organizational leadership
- Lead with purpose
- Engage across difference
- Know your network and niche
- Strengthen innovation
Stipend and Support
Each participating organization will receive:
- A stipend of $250 per organization in acknowledgement of the commitment.
- Membership to the Nonprofit Association of Oregon, check out member benefits here.
- Each individual will also receive: delicious meals, lodging for the residential sessions, and the cohort materials
Who Should Participate
- Nonprofit organizations based-in and/or primarily serving Tillamook and Clatsop Counties
- Priority is given to registered 501(c)3 or fiscally sponsored nonprofit organizations. Other entities will be considered. Participating organizations will have a mission, Board of Directors, organizational goals and/or plan, and existing programming/services.
- Each organization will bring two participants - one of whom is the Executive Director (paid or volunteer) or somene who fulfills a similar role for the organization.
Sessions take place approximately once a month, January to June, with a September follow-up session, at locations in Tillamook and Clatsop Counties. Overnight required for 1.5 day sessions.
|Session 1||Jan. 20-21||Fri. 9:00 a.m. – Sat. 12:30 pm (1.5 days)|
|Session 2||Mar. 4||Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 pm (1 day)|
|Session 3||Apr. 8||Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 pm (1 day)|
|Session 4||May. 13||Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 pm (1 day)|
|Session 5||Jun. 2-3||Fri. 9:00 a.m. – Sat. 12:30 pm (1.5 days)|
|Session 6||Sept. 16||Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 pm (1/2 day)|
|Learning partners||Monthly between full cohort sessions||As scheduled with peers|
How to Apply
Please contact Mayra Camacho if you have any questions or need help accessing the Program Overview or Application at email@example.com or by calling 503-239-4001 x104