The mission of the Nonprofit Association of Oregon is to strengthen the collective voice, leadership, and capacity of nonprofits to enrich the lives of all Oregonians.
NAO’s vision is that Oregon’s nonprofits are visible and valued as essential contributors to our society.
Our Core Values
Our core values are the principles that guide our internal and external actions and drive our accountability to each other and our stakeholders. We are inspired by these values and we aspire to fully live these values.
- Collaboration: We are better together. We encourage strategic collaboration to bring out the best solutions and strengthen the fabric of our communities.
- Equity and Inclusion: We value diversity in many forms. We are committed to strengthening nonprofits as change agents that contribute to a just and equitable society.
- Excellence: We challenge ourselves to do great work. We actively seek feedback to continually improve and evolve our practices and services.
- Impact: We make a difference. We focus on results that matter to nonprofit leaders, organizations, networks, the sector, and ultimately, society.
- Learning: We are curious, ask good questions, and listen well. We believe continual learning is essential for adaptation, innovation, resilience, and relevance.
- Service: We are responsive and flexible. We build relationships. We meet people where they are, developing experiences, content, and outcomes that advance nonprofit missions.
- Stewardship: We are effective stewards of the financial, human, and natural resources.