Would you like to help your schoolsl or organization be better better prepared for the Cascadia subduction zone earthquake? Become a Preparedness Advocate!
Preparedness Advocates will receive: FREE, 1-day training!
- Learn about the Cascadia earthquake hazard we face in this area, and how to prepare for it. o Learn how to facilitate a presentation for your school and/or organization.
- Ongoing training opportunities with other community members interested in preparedness.
To be a Preparedness Advocate you must:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be comfortable giving a presentation.
- Commit to attending all day of the training.
- Commit to training 15 other people in preparedness basics (this could be at your school, organization, or other community groups)
Coffee ,snacks, a llight lunch,and all materials are provided.
IF ATTENDING, YOU MUST RSVP BY EMAILING TESIA EISENBERG (MERCY CORPS ) AT email@example.com BY FRIDAY, JANUARY 18th .
*An email confirming your registration will be sentsentsent .
Getting here and parking:
There is limited street parking available – we encourage you to take public transport. Red & Blue lines: The Skidmore Fountain stop is practically attached to our building. Yellow/Orange and Green: The 6th & Pine stop or the N Denver Ave stop are closest.
You can find local parking garages and lots here: https://portland.bestparking.com/
45 SW Ankeny Street
Portland, OR 97204