Your Step-By-Step Roadmap and Build-It-Yourself Toolkit for Crafting an A+ Proposal...Every Time!
8-Session Online, At-Your-Own-Pace Course Starts February 26, 2018
Video Sessions & Resources Released on Mondays, February 26 - April 16
Enroll up to 2 additional team members for free with one paid registration
$197 NAO Members
NAO Members get $100 off this webinar series by using the discount code on the Members Only Page. You must be logged in to view this page.
Produced in Partnership with GrantsMagicU
About the Course
In this all-in-one, on-your-own-schedule video-based course from GrantsMagic U, veteran grant writer, grant consultant, and grantmaker Maryn Boess pulls back the curtain on what it really takes to be successful in the grants world ...
... and shares the exact step-by-step roadmaps, tried-and-tested tools, strategies, how-to's and "insider's tips" to take you to your next level of grants success ...
... no matter where you're starting out!
Here's what you get with this course:
The Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint gives you a unique behind-the-scenes, "VIP" insider's perspective you just won't get anywhere else.
In eight video sessions totaling about 16 hours (released every Monday starting February 26):
- You’ll discover what life is really like for the reviewers, program officers, trustees, and grant decisionmakers – what they really, really want most of all in the whole wide world . . . and how to make sure you give it to them, every time.
- You’ll go beyond “what the funders want” to learn exactly what makes reviewers absolutely fall in love with your proposal – within the first 30 seconds! (And what makes them “fall in dislike” just as quickly!)
- We're going to explore a strategic system, a proven roadmap, and a build-it-yourself toolkit loaded with checklists, planning guides, and fill-in-the-blanks templates to guide you step by step through putting shape and structure and clarity to your good ideas.
- You’ll learn key strategies for working ahead of the curve so you can literally get a proposal out the door in as little as 90 minutes.
- You’ll learn the deep psychology of making a powerful, persuasive presentation – right down to the specific words to use and the specific formulas for putting them together.
- You’ll learn simple steps for organizing your ideas in a way that makes it easy for the right funder to catch your vision, become invested, and say a confident and enthusiastic YES.
- You’ll get dozens of bonus resources to enrich and deepen your grants work that you’ll turn to over and over again.
The 8-session course is divided into three parts. Each week you’ll get access to a new, 2-hour video-based training, plus detailed handouts and resource materials for you to download, print, and save to your computer.
PART A: Starting Right Where You Are-- Right Now
Session 1, Released February 26
The first week is all about meeting you right where you are-- wherever you're starting out-- and getting you ramped up and ready for the journey ahead.
- We begin by “packing your travel bag” – getting you grounded in the powerful concepts and paradigms we’ll be exploring together – the very big big-picture thinking at the heart of The Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint.
- Also in Session 1, you’ll get your first look at the framework we’ll be working with throughout the course. You’ll take a high flyover of our Blueprint territory and start exploring the key tools, processes, and ideas that’ll support you on your journey. .
PART B: Your Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint, Unpacked
Sessions 2-7, Released March 5 - April 9
Over these six sessions you’ll be taking a deep dive, one at a time, into each of the key sections of your Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint – each of the Essential Planning Questions. Building on the framework we laid out in Part A, you’ll work with checklists, planning tools, formulas, and fill-in-the-blanks templates that guide you step by step through exactly how to shape the details that bring your project to life and create a clear, compelling proposal.
Here’s what that looks like:
Session 2: What's the Problem? Crafting a Statement of Issue, Need, or Opportunity that's Clear, Compelling - and Completely Irresisitble
Session 3: Impact Outcomes: Where Do We Want to End Up? or, Let's Visit Emerald City!
Session 4: Work Plan/Partnership: ... How Will We Get from Where We Are to Where We Want to Be?
Session 5: The Essential Evaluation Toolkit: How Are We Doing . . . and Why Does It Matter, Anyway?
Session 6: Building an Unbreakable Project Budget - Guaranteed!
Session 7: The Summary – What’s This All About – Quickly? – and The Credibility Statement: Who Are We and Why Should Anyone Trust Us?
PART C: Turning Your Ultimate Grant Proposal Blueprint into an A+ Proposal
Session 8, Released April 16
This final session covers how to transform your Ultimate Grant Proposal Bluepring into an A+ proposal that matches the requirements of any given funder. We'll cover the elements of good writing, what to think about when making formatting decisions, how to "read" an RFP, things to think about when working with an online proposal submission; and much more.
LIVE Q&A CALL-INS
As part of your course, you're invited to take part in three live conference-call Q&A sessions with me, where you and your fellow students can get on-the-ground answers to all your questions about grants, grantseeking, grantmaking . . . you name it.
About the Presenter
Over her 20+ year career in the nonprofit world, Maryn Boess has been an on-staff program developer and grantwriter, an independent grants consultant, a grants project manager, a grants trainer, a grants reviewer, author, speaker, mentor, and coach, and-- yes-- for the past 10 years, even a grantmaker. GrantsMagic U, launched in Fall 2015, is the "virtual academy" she created to make her extensive portfolio of practical and inspiring trainings on successful grantsmanship available (and affordable!) for anyone, anytime, anywhere. See all of GrantsMagic U's courses here!