Advocacy helps nonprofits meet their missions. It is an essential part of the work we do to lead an organization. This session will provide an understanding of what nonprofits can and should do to raise community awareness and protect the people they serve. Learn what’s happening on the state and federal levels that will impact our sector. We’ll have a conversation about making time for advocacy work, and we’ll discuss how you can effectively engage your Board in policy discussions and lead them to taking a position.
Attendees will leave this session with:
- An understanding of why advocacy is important for nonprofits
- Tools and resources regarding what is permissible for nonprofits to do in lobbying and advocacy
- Knowledge of the current policy issues that impact nonprofits on the state and federal level
- Tips to engage your Board in policy discussions
- Practical suggestions for advocacy from your peers
The Nonprofit Town Halls also provide an opportunity for community conversations and information sharing focused on the strengths and challenges of Oregon’s nonprofits. It is time for nonprofits, regardless of size, mission, or location, to come together and speak with one voice. You need to be part of the discussion and the debate if we are to find ways to keep our sector strong. Input gathered will guide the work of NAO as we strive to increase public understanding and support so that nonprofits can continue to do their best work.
Who Should Attend?
Nonprofit leaders, staff members, Board members, volunteers, and community stakeholders are encouraged to participate in this interactive session.
There is no cost to attend the Town Hall.
2820 SE Ferry Slip Road
Newport, OR 97365