Program Management & Effectiveness
Effective Nonprofits have programs that are well run and managed. There is a shared understanding and agreement within the organization about how the programs and activities will achieve the organization’s vision, mission and goals. Effectiveness is evaluated for impact against the organization’s vision for change and indicators of success. Evaluation data is analyzed and incorporated in ongoing program development and improvement.
Professional Development and Learning:
- NAO Nonprofit Learning Networks: 2019-20 Schedule
- NAO Nonprofit Learning & Convening for Rural Communities: 2019 Schedule
- NAO Oregon Nonprofit Community Events Calendar
Program Planning & Development
- 3 Steps to Plan Programs for Maximum Impact - GrantSpace (Blog)
- Basic Guide to Nonprofit Program Design and Marketing - Management Help (Guide)
- Effective Program Development for Startup Organizations - Foundation Center (Handout & Video)
- Overview of Non-Profit Program Planning - Kent University (Guide)
- Program Design Logic Models - Compassion Capital Fund (Tool)
- Sample Logic Model - Compassion Capital Fund National Resource Center (Template)
- Basic Guide to Program Evaluation (and Resources) - Management Help (Guide)
- Big Data for Nonprofits - NonprofitReady (Video)*
- Getting to What Matters: How to Design and Develop Program Evaluation - The California Endowment (Book)
- Storytelling Approaches to Program Evaluation - The California Endowment (Guide)
Check out NAO's Directory of vetted consultants and service providers offering expertise in this specific resource category.
To utilize resources that have (*), create a complimentary account offered through NonprofitReady.org.