Legal, Compliance & Transparency
Effective Nonprofits are created and maintained for the benefit of the public, and pursue that which is fair, equitable and just. An effective nonprofit not only meets the requirements of the law, but also follows ethical practices and is formed and maintained for the public benefit above all.
- Can My Business Be a Nonprofit - NonprofitReady (Video)*
- Charitable Activities - State of Oregon Department of Justice (Website)
- Compliance Guide for 501c3 Public Charities - IRS (Guide)
- Oregon Secretary of State (Website)
- Principles for Good Governance and Ethical Practice - Independent Sector and NAO (Guide)
- Sample Conflict of Interest Policy and Statement - Montana Nonprofits (Example)
- Starting a Nonprofit in Oregon - NAO (Guide)
- Tax Information and Charities & Other Non-profits - Internal Revenue Service (Website)
- UMIFA Becomes UPMIFA - Uniform Law Commission (Article)
- Whistleblower Tip Sheet - NAO (FAQ)
Check out NAO's Directory of vetted consultants and service providers offering expertise in this specific resource category.
To utilize resources that have (*), create a complimentary account offered through NonprofitReady.org.